Filed under Election Edition

What’s on YOUR state ballot?

Oklahoma State Capitol

Oklahoma State Capitol

Photo by arts.ok.gov

Photo by arts.ok.gov

Oklahoma State Capitol

Seven state questions will appear on the Oklahoma ballot Nov. 8, 2016.  Some of the wording on these questions makes it difficult for the average person to understand how or what they are voting.  Each of the seven questions is broken down below.

State Question number 776 is constructed to declare that all procedures of execution will be constitutionally acknowledged, lest restricted by the United States Constitution, and directed lawful by the government body (legislature).

Yes supports amending the Oklahoma Constitution to guarantee the state’s power to impose capital punishment, and set methods of execution. It would give them the power to choose, and the right to execute a criminal based on their charge.

No opposes amending the Oklahoma Constitution to guarantee the state’s power to impose capital punishment, and set methods of execution.

State Question 777 is originated to authorize a constitutional assurance for farmers and ranchers to enroll in farming and ranching practices.

Yes supports amending the state constitution to include the right to farm and ranch.  A yes vote will result in fewer government regulations over the farming industry.

No opposes this proposal to amend the state constitution to include the right to farm and ranch.  A no vote allow government regulation of the farming industry.

State Question 779 is created to form an appreciation of the state sales tax by one percent to precipitate revenue for education financing.

Yes is a vote in favor of increasing the state sales tax by one percentage point to generate a estimated $615 million per year for education funding.  Funds would be used to fund a $5,000 across-the-board teacher pay raise.  Additional funds would be allocated to offset budget cuts to public schools and higher education institutions.

No is a vote against increasing the state sales tax for educational purposes.

State Question 780 was created for the recall of particular property offenses and less criminal drug possession misdemeanor crimes.

Yes supports this proposal to reclassify certain property offenses and simple drug possession as misdemeanor crimes.  This would allow certain crimes, currently classified as felonies to be declassified as misdemeanor offences.

No opposes this proposal to reclassify certain property offenses and simple drug possession as misdemeanor crimes.  Crimes will stay classified as they are currently.

State Question 781 is produced for the purpose of using the currency secured by rebudgeting accurate possession and drug crimes as misdemeanors bounded in State Question 780 to supply rehabilitation curriculums.

Yes supports using the currency secured by rebudgeting accurate possession and drug crimes as misdemeanors, as bounded in the Criminal Justice System Reform Initiative, State Question 780, to supply rehabilitation curriculums.  This means money saved by declassifying certain felony crimes, will be funneled elsewhere, namely rehabilitation.

No disapproves the proposal to reallocate currency secured by rebudgeting accurate possession and drug crimes as misdemeanors, to supply therapeutic curriculums, as well as drug and alcohol exploitation, and mental health curriculums.

SQ 780 is entwined with SQ 781 and if passed, will allow the allocation of funds from prison cost saving. This law is proposed to help reserve currency for education, while also decreasing the expense of housing prison inmates.

Do you plan to vote in the upcoming election?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

State Question 790 is devised to withdraw Section 5 of Article 2 of the Oklahoma Constitution, which outlaws public currency from being used for religious desire.

Yes approves the use of public currency to be used for religious desire. Some know SQ 790 for its ability to allow for a statue of The Ten Commandments, and other denominational religious statues, to be placed back at the state capitol, In addition, a yes vote on SQ 790 will allow for funds to be diverted from public education to be used to support educational vouchers.

No opposes the use of public currency for religious desire.  A no vote also opposes the use of public education funds to support educational vouchers to be used for privatized education vouchers.

State Question 792 was arranged to grant grocery stores and convenience stores the ability to market strong beer and wine.

Yes advocates modifying the laws governing alcohol purchase and dispersion in the state. This will grant grocery stores and convenience stores the ability to sell strong beer and wine seven days a week.

No votes will prevent the modernization of  laws regarding alcohol dispersion.  Alcohol sales will remain as they currently are.