Filed under News, Showcase

Singles Day

Back to Article
Back to Article

Singles Day

Singles Day, otherwise known as Singles Awareness Day, is where single people get to feel proud about being single and stand up and say it’s alright. Singles day is a break from the commercialism of Valentine’s day with big companies always pushing their products on couples to buy for one another.

Singles day is celebrated on Feb. 15, the day after Valentine’s day, and is mostly used to pamper oneself instead of a significant other. People send themselves flowers, plan parties, and some even give gifts to their friends that are also single.

Being single is an advantage in many cases, unlike what many may perceive being unattached with another being. Single people don’t have to think of someone else when making important decisions, easier for a pursuit for healthier habits, and they tend to be more self-reliant than couples.

It’s not the end of the world if you happen to be single, it’s actually probably good for a lot of people to not feel like they have to put someone else before them. Being in a relationship is a great experience, but being single is a whole other world.

About the Writer
Becky Robnett, Senior Editor, Reporter, Columnist

Becky Robnett is a Senior Editor, Reporter, and Columnist for The Cougar Call at Ada High School. She also participates in Ada High's Band, is in her third...

1 Comment

One Response to “Singles Day”

1. Payton Owen on February 25th, 2016 9:10 am

singles day is a great way to meet new people. it opens up many opportunities to make new relationships. being single is okay because you get to meet a lot of people and have many friendships. i think its awesome that people send themselves flowers. February 15th should be celebrated by singles everywhere. this is a great informative article.

*

• Singles Day

News

Earth Day blooms at Ada High

• Singles Day

News

Native American regalia banned at Latta graduation

• Singles Day

News

Native American Regalia: Culture vs. Code

• Singles Day

News

Cougar Call staff sweeps state competition

• Singles Day

News

Ada Schools shut down from cold weather for first time

• Singles Day

News

Government shutdown has local impact

• Singles Day

News

HowToLife Movement comes to Ada

• Singles Day

News

Egg takes over internet

• Singles Day

News

An interview with Paul B. Smith

• Singles Day

News

An interview with Josh Edwards

Singles Day