Filed under Student Life

Ada High Choir Attends All-District Competition

On Monday, Oct, 3, the Ada High choir competed in All-District Competition at Oklahoma Baptist University, in Shawnee. Each student performed two solo pieces accompanied by an instrumental track.  Competitors then had to sing a piece of unfamiliar music.

“It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be,” said Jordan Marshall, AHS Senior choir member.

According to Ada High Choir Director, Amanda Hall, Ada’s district is large, making competitions like these harder to compete in, with the amount of competitors from other schools. Out of the ten junior high and high school students who auditioned, three advanced to this round of competition: Seth Riden, Rebekah Peters and Rylee Marshall.

“They all put a lot of time in and worked really hard, they did a great job,” said Hall.

Riden was the only Ada competition to make it into the All District Choir. This marked Riden’s fourth year to make All-District Choir. 

“It’s great. Hopefully I’ll make All-State too. It just kinda bums me out that I’m the only one at this school to make it because I mean, it gets kind of tiresome going it alone,” said Riden.

About the Writer
Becky Robnett, Senior Editor, Reporter, Columnist

Becky Robnett is a Senior Editor, Reporter, and Columnist for The Cougar Call at Ada High School. She also participates in Ada High's Band, is in her third...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Ada High Choir Attends All-District Competition”

1. Gillian Cloar on February 2nd, 2017 4:06 pm

When I was in junior high, I made all district choir! It was lots of fun.

2. Seth Riden on February 15th, 2018 12:22 pm

Let it be known that I, in fact, did not make All-State that year. Always next time, though.

*