The Student Voices are Here

The 2014-2015 student class elections are here and the anticipation couldn’t be any higher. With four positions open for each class: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, and a total of fifteen Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors competing for a title. Tension is rising among candidates.

Most students running for office are creating posters and advertisements for their peers to notice in hopes of gaining their votes. However, it is important for both students voting and running for office to remember that winning the election is not based solely on votes. In fact, candidates running for office must meet certain qualifications and submit a resume and a letter of recommendation to the school. That being said, the election is an equal opportunity event among students.

It’s a good idea to know who you’re voting for and why, so to help you get a feel of who you should vote for, I introduce to you the 2014-2015 candidates:

Senior’s response to the question “Why are you running for office?”

Avery Stevens- Vice President.”Because, why not?”

Addison Rhynes- President. Leadership is an important role to have. Being a leader is something I strive for and being president would help me achieve the goal of leading the class of 2015.”

Austin Pettigrew- Treasurer. “Leadership is important to me. I want to make sure that the right person is at the job and I believe that’s me.”

Madee McGill- Class secretary. “I was a class officer last year and was in charge of prom. I wanted to run for an office again this year because I know I’m right for the job”

Natalie Keel- Vice President. “I would like to be a part of making this year’s office work harder and achieve more than we have in the past.”

Kyler Gilliam- Treasurer. “I am good at handling money and doing math- to very important treasurer skills.”

Pooja Bhula- Treasurer.”I am running for this office because I treasure my class.”

Junior’s Response:

Chad Whittington- President. “It’s a pretty cool title and I like being involved in the school.”

Sarah Morgan- Treasurer. “No one else was running, so why not.”

Brandon Todd- Vice President. “It would be cool to be junior VP.”

Sophomore’s response:

Zac Watson- President. “To show popularity doesn’t matter.”

Meredith McGill- Secretary. “I want to bring my special talents to Ada High.”

Taylor Durr- President. “I’m running for this office because I care for my class and I’m a great leader.”

McKenzie Dean- Vice President. “I want to show my leadership skills and help my class to be stronger and closer.”

Kishan Bhula- Vice President. “So it looks good on my college application and resume. I think it would be a great opportunity.”

Be sure to keep in mind that who you vote for will represent your class.  Good luck students and happy voting!