Filed under Sports

Ada Signing Day

On National Signing Day, senior football players Christian Maloy, Jackson McFarlane, Kylen Cooper and Jacob Smalley put pen to paper, committing to their respective future teams.

Photo by Kennedy Berus

Photo by Kennedy Berus

On National Signing Day four Ada Cougar athletes signed to go to play football at the collegiate level

Jackson Mcfarlane signed with Oklahoma Babtist University in Shawnee as a quarterback. As a Cougar, McFarlance played both the quarterback and kicker positions as he set his sights on playing college ball.

“This is what I’ve been working towards and I’m blessed to have a chance to play college football,” McFarlane said.

Jakob Smalley signed with East Central University as either a defensive linemen or tight end, a position he has not played before. Smalley decided to stay close to home and attended the D2 school in Ada. He credits his work ethic and the trust his coaches had in him to preform well on the fieldwith getting him to where he wanted to go.

“It was really exciting and one of the best experiences I have ever had. Its exhilarating the opportunities that have been put in front of me because of my hard work and the work of the coaches,” Smalley said.

Christian Maloy is headed to The University of Central Oklahoma as a linebacker. Maloy made the verbal commitment to UCO prior to signing day.

Maloy said, “I was very excited on signing day to be able to keep playing football while having a paid for education with all my friends and family supporting me.”

Maloy will be joined by teammate Kylen Cooper who also signed with UCO as a defensive back. Cooper looks forward to playing with his teammate at the college level.

“It was a great day. I’m thankful for my friends and family that came, it meant a lot. I’m very blessed to be where I’m at and where I’m going. I’m just so thankful for God and him blessing me to be able to play at the next level and to be able to bring along a good friend with me,” Cooper said.

Even after the official signing day, the Cougar college offers continued. Mannie Hammond also signed with OBU as a wide receiver.

Hammond said, “I’m extremely excited to be able to live out my childhood dreams of playing college ball.”

1 Comment

One Response to “Ada Signing Day”

1. shawn eddleman on March 5th, 2018 7:51 am

I find this great and inspiring! Football is an amazing sport, the national favorite for a reason, and a career playing football can be very lucrative. I wish them the best of luck>

[Reply]

*

• Ada Signing Day

Sports

Cougar golf hits the season off right

• Ada Signing Day

Multimedia Packages

Shaun White brings home the gold

• Cheer

Ada cheer comes home with NCA Nationals awards

• Ada Signing Day

Sports

Despite team loss, Emarthle has career first

• Ada Signing Day

Sports

Super Bowl LII

• Ada Signing Day

Sports

Ada wrestling takes fifth in Florida

• Ada Signing Day

Opinion

National Championship Analysis

• Ada Signing Day

Sports

Lady Cougar basketball back in action

• Ada Signing Day

Sports

Ada Finally Finds a Way to State

• Ada Signing Day

Cheer

A glimpse into the life of an Ada High Cheerleader

Ada Signing Day