Filed under Sports

Super Bowl LII

Super+Bowl+LII+is+to+be+played+Feb%2C+4th+at+the+U.S.+Bank+Stadium+in+Minneapolis%2C+MN.+
Super Bowl LII is to be played Feb, 4th at the U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, MN.

Photo by Creative Commons

Photo by Creative Commons

Both the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots will go head-to-head in a heated fight for the next Lombardi trophy. This will be the 6th championship for the Patriots, who are also looking for a back to back. The Eagles, however, haven’t won a single one yet. They have appeared in the Super Bowl two times prior, losing both. More recently they lost to a Patriots team in 2004 for New England’s 4th Super Bowl win.

On the other side, the Patriots are first in the NFL for super bowl appearances at ten. I believe the Patriots will win Super Bowl LII. The key to this game will most definitely be each team’s defense. The team that wins will most likely be the team with most forced turnovers. This is good news for the Eagles with a slightly superior defense. The Patriots defense isn’t bad, but they excel most on the offensive side of the ball.

The Eagles will need to keep their defense on lock. They need to pressure Tom Brady, New England Quarterback. Philly’s D-line is their strongest feature. However, the Eagles need to put points on the board, which might prove difficult to Patriots D, and not to mention, their franchise quarterback Carson Wentz is still not starting thanks to the torn ACL he received playing against the Los Angeles Rams. Their back up Nick Foles is doing well in his absence as he led the Eagles to the Super Bowl.

Each team has a decent chance to win the Super Bowl. I would like to see Brady lead the Patriots to victory and back to back Super Bowl wins.

About the Writer
Garrett Rhynes, Staff Writer

Garrett Rhynes is a senior and partaking in his first year of staff writing for the AHS CougarCall.

"I am excited about going out in the community or...

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Super Bowl LII”

1. Rylan Burrows on February 9th, 2018 9:02 am

The eagles won this game with their backup QB but i honestly think that if Carson Wentz never got hurt they never would have got passed the Vikings.

2. Liam McCartney on February 14th, 2018 7:39 am

Why’d you want the pats to win?

3. Braden moore on February 23rd, 2018 10:21 am

The Eagles won because they put points on the board like they needed to even though the Pats defense is pretty good. Nick Foles led the Eagles to their victory.

*

• Super Bowl LII

Sports

Best Rivalries in College Football

• Super Bowl LII

Sports

Cougar golf hits the season off right

• Super Bowl LII

Sports

Ada Signing Day

• Super Bowl LII

Multimedia Packages

Shaun White brings home the gold

• Cheer

Ada cheer comes home with NCA Nationals awards

• Super Bowl LII

Sports

Despite team loss, Emarthle has career first

• Super Bowl LII

Sports

Ada wrestling takes fifth in Florida

• Super Bowl LII

Opinion

National Championship Analysis

• Super Bowl LII

Sports

Lady Cougar basketball back in action

• Super Bowl LII

Sports

Ada Finally Finds a Way to State

Super Bowl LII