Filed under Sports

Pigskin preview

Back to Article
Back to Article

Pigskin preview

The Ada Cougar football team charges onto the field for their match up against Bristow.

Photo by Wil Rowe

Photo by Wil Rowe

Photo by Wil Rowe

The Ada Cougar Football Team will start the season off playing at Ardmore on Sept. 2, at 7:30 p.m.

They’re hoping to have a better record than last year’s seven wins and four losses.We interviewed a few of the players and coaches to see how the team is going to do this year.

Quarterback Colby Eaker said,” I feel really good and we’re gonna be a dominant, fast pace offense and we’re gonna score a lot of points.”

The current Ada Football players feel great about their defense this year. Senior Micah sounded very confident on the team’s ability to win a state championship.

“The team is looking really good. The defense is strong and powerful, the offense is going to be tough and score a lot of points,” said Hutchins.

Mart Lemming serves as a Defensive Coach for the Ada Cougars and also has high hopes for the upcoming season.

“The guys are progressing very well with the new system that we installed last season. We’re further along with our progression in the offensive and defensive schemes. Hopefully that transcends onto the football field and makes us a more difficult opponent,”  said Lemming

The Ada Cougars are at the top of the district in terms of rankings. Watch the Cougars under the Friday night lights, Friday night at 7:30 p.m.

About the Writer
Jackson Southard, Sports Editor

Jackson is a first year staff reporter for The Cougar Call and a junior at Ada High School. He enjoys playing baseball, hanging out with friends and going...