Shaun White brings home the gold

Back to Article
Back to Article

Shaun White brings home the gold

Shaun White of the United States warms up ahead of the Snowboard Men's Halfpipe Final on day five of the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics at Phoenix Snow Park on February 14, 2018 in Pyeongchang-gun, South Korea.  (Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images)

Shaun White of the United States warms up ahead of the Snowboard Men's Halfpipe Final on day five of the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics at Phoenix Snow Park on February 14, 2018 in Pyeongchang-gun, South Korea. (Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images)

Photo by Cameron Spencer

Photo by Cameron Spencer

Photo by Cameron Spencer

Cheyene Howell and David Lewis

Photo by Clive Rose
PYEONGCHANG-GUN, SOUTH KOREA – FEBRUARY 14: Gold medalist Shaun White of the United States poses during the victory ceremony for the Snowboard Men’s Halfpipe Final on day five of the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics at Phoenix Snow Park on February 14, 2018 in Pyeongchang-gun, South Korea. (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)

The Winter Olympics are finished and Team USA exceeded expectations. They dominated the competition and had the most gold medals in the snowboarding category. The American Team surpassed expectations, demonstrating the strength of American athletics.

One of the United State’s best athletes is veteran snowboarder Shaun White. The thirty-one-year-old San Diego native is a professional snowboarder, skateboarder and even a musician. He first got into skateboarding by following his older brother Jesse to the local YMCA gym. He is a three-time Olympic gold medalist, holds the record for the most X-Games gold medals by a snowboarder and has ten ESPY awards. He is also considered the greatest snowboarder of all time.

Despite White’s incredible success in all things sports, he had a rough start in his life by having a congenital heart defect when he was born. He had to have two cardiac surgeries before the age of five. Even though he faced many trials when he was younger, he still achieved greatness.

TheRichest

In Shaun White’s final half-pipe run, which gave him his most recent gold medal in this year’s winter Olympics, he showed the world why he’s considered one of, if not the best, snowboarders ever. He has helped define the sport and has influenced future generations to show interest in snowboarding and to support our country’s flag in the Olympics.

About the Writers
Cheyene Howell, Photo Editor

Cheyene Howell, a junior at Ada High School, is in her second year of journalism. As a photo editor of The Cougar Call, Howell plans to focus primarily...

David Lewis,

David Lewis, a junior at Ada High School, is in his second year of journalism. In his first year he placed at state in the Multimedia category, and as...

1 Comment

One Response to “Shaun White brings home the gold”

1. Liam McCartney on March 5th, 2018 7:50 am

I have snowboarded the same mountains he learned on, wild. White’s last run on the half pipe was phenomenal.

*

• Shaun White brings home the gold

Multimedia Packages

Who portrayed the best rendition of Spider-Man?

• Shaun White brings home the gold

Editorial

‘Just a teacher’ Ronny Johns is just the answer for House District 25

• Shaun White brings home the gold

2018 Halloween Edition

My Top 10 Horror Movies Throughout History

• Shaun White brings home the gold

Multimedia Packages

The Meg breaches local movie theaters

• Shaun White brings home the gold

Multimedia Packages

Fortnite craze has taken over

• Shaun White brings home the gold

Multimedia Packages

A look into Ada High leadership

• Shaun White brings home the gold

Multimedia Packages

More Than You See: The Bundle Up Club

• Shaun White brings home the gold

Cheer

A glimpse into the life of an Ada High Cheerleader

• Shaun White brings home the gold

Multimedia Packages

‘Can’t buy me love’

• Shaun White brings home the gold

Multimedia Packages

Ada cuts ribbon on new police station

Shaun White brings home the gold